In response to the continuously changing circumstances involving the spread of COVID-19, the University of Florida is pausing faculty and staff hiring, including OPS jobs, effective immediately and until further notice, with a few exceptions. The following vacancies may continue to be posted and/or filled:
- All contract and grant-funded positions, regardless of position type
- UF Health faculty and staff positions involved in the clinical enterprise
- Summer appointments of existing 9-month faculty
- Current searches for which offers already have been extended
Faculty searches underway may also be eligible for an exception, upon review and approval, as described below.
Reasons for exceptions to this hiring slow-down may include positions critical to:
- Campus and personal health and safety
- Compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Delivery of essential University services
- Courses necessary for timely graduation
- Critical advancement of the University mission
To request an exception to this hiring pause, the hiring manager must obtain approval, including the rationale for the request, from the appropriate dean and/or vice president. Exceptions for new faculty hires must receive final approval from Provost Joe Glover or Dr. Dave Nelson, as appropriate. All staff new hires will need final approval by Vice President for HR Jodi Gentry.
If approved for recruitment, job openings will be advertised in accordance with the University’s normal recruitment process. Existing openings currently being advertised will be removed from the Careers at UF website on Monday, March 30, 2020.
We will provide communication when job openings are able to be re-posted. We anticipate this hiring slow-down will continue through the summer. Questions? Contact Audrey Gainey, UF Human Resources’ director for Talent Acquisition and Onboarding, at email@example.com.