The University of Florida and its Dining service provider Aramark plan to offer students partial refunds for those who left campus early this semester due to COVID-19.
- Students who occupied campus housing for the entire semester. Since these students received the full benefit of their housing contract, UF will not offer partial refunds to these students.
- Students who removed all personal property from their rooms and formally checked out with Student Affairs/Housing before March 24. These students will be offered a pro rata refund of the Housing payment for the Spring semester, based on the checkout date.
- Students who departed campus and did not check out earlier than March 24. These students will be offered a pro rata refund of the Housing payment for the Spring semester, based on the March 24 order by the City of Gainesville and Alachua County to reduce essential operations in the locale.
- For students who remain on campus, dining halls remain open and the meal plan continues to be available.
- Students who are no longer on campus and have discontinued use of their meal plan after March 23 (based on the March 24 order by the City of Gainesville and Alachua County to reduce essential operations in the locale) will receive a prorated refund for the unused portion of their meal plan (including flex bucks).
Refunds will be applied to students’ university accounts. Any university balance will be paid prior to the refund being disbursed. UF will process refunds as quickly as possible. Please understand that this may take some time, given the current state of campus operations and demands on personnel time to address emergency issues associated with the pandemic.
Vice President D’Andra Mull, Student Affairs
Vice President Curtis Reynolds, Business Affairs